At a Glance
A comprehensive visual identity concept and sub-identity logo system for the NPO Home-for-All. User interface and web design as well as development of a mobile-first responsive English/Japanese bilingual CMS website.
Home-for-All is a newly formed NPO backed by an elite group of Japanese and International Architects in Japan.
The NPO was initiated by Pritzker prize-winning architect Toyo Ito and was created an an umbrella organization for the various creatively designed community houses in the Tohoku region, which was devastated by the 3/11 Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan.
Bento Graphics was privileged to work with Home-for-All to develop a comprehensive visual identity and responsive, bi-lingual website.
Empowering disaster-affected individuals to get back on their own two feet
Home-for-All needed a visual identity and system that captured their mission and was both friendly and effective. The identity and logo needed to be easily recognizable by people of all ages.
Each Home-for-All project is:
- A place where bonds form between people
- A place for independent-minded activities
- A place where dialogue is created
- A place to come together
- A place built with the fundamentals in mind
A Bi-lingual, go-to Source for Home-for-All News
Home-for-All needed a responsive, bi-lingual website that would be informative to local residents while also serving as the base for business operations and all Home-for-All-related information. The website needed to be:
- Clean and intuitive for all users. One main function of the website is to inform local residents in the Tohoku region about upcoming events at each community house and show general information about opening times, contact details, address/map, etc. Thus the website needed to have clear and simple navigation.
- Showcase large amounts of information in a clear, easy-to-understand manner. Home-for-All needed to display individual house pages with in-depth building data in addition to information about the participating architecture studios, construction companies and sponsors of each house. These details needed to be displayed so that they were relevant to members as well as press and media.
- Encourage visitors to become NPO members and contribute a yearly membership fee or donate a single lump-sum.
What Bento Graphics did
We developed a responsive, English/Japanese bi-lingual website that effectively displays both small and large amounts of information across various devices sizes and types.
We based the website on CMS (content management system) to make it easy to update for all NPO members. We developed the site and admin functionality to be intuitive and easy to use so that the various community house members can publish news or events under their name. To visually represent each community house, we developed a color sub-identity system based on the main logo. These sub-identities are attached to each news and event post to make things easier to understand.
The Support Us page features an easy-to-navigate interface with functionality for membership subscriptions and single donation payments.
Further, before the launch of the main website we had the pleasure to create a first micro-site, an archived version can be seen here.