Creative Developer (Freelance)
Searching for an experienced creative/Interactive developer for web projects. Candidate must be specialized in motion and interaction development. Local developer in Tokyo preferred, but remote/overseas feasible for the right candidate. Looking for long-term collaboration.
- Skillfully create highly engaging animated and interactive web experiences e.g. scroll animations, smooth page transitions, interactive & animated elements.
- Involvement in planning and direction for animations and interactions welcome.
- Highly experienced in web technologies such as: SVG/Json/Lottie, JS/Jquery, CSS3/SCSS and HTML5.
- Optionally Vue.js, Three.js, Paper.js, webGL and related.
- Experienced in responsive web design and mobile optimization, ideally based on well documented framework e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation or similar.
- Seasoned in responsive typography, ideally also Japanese/Asian languages.
- Experienced in WordPress CMS development and theme implementation.
- Keen eye for design details.
- Bonus: Japanese language skills.
Please apply with rates and web portfolio (especially compelling reference URLs): firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager or
Looking for an experienced Japanese-English bilingual freelance project manager or assistant. Person must reside in Tokyo.
- Native-level Japanese and fluent in English, written and spoken
- Able to handle interpretation during meetings between Japanese and English
- Excellent written and spoken client communication and presentation skills
- Great skills in project scheduling and managing teams independently
- Experience in print, graphic design and web development
- Understanding of project planning software, bug/issue trackers and other related software
- Experienced in creating project proposal and estimates
- General business, company management skills and accounting
Your work will involve various fields, such as handling client meetings, scheduling projects, managing print designers, UI/UX designers, developers, and everything in between. This role might turn into full time work.
Looking for a freelance full-stack graphic designer with experience in corporate identity design, information architecture, UX/UI design, print layout and vector illustration. Preferably a designer with a keen minimal Swiss Design sense and good portion of humor. Person must reside in Tokyo, Japan.
- Branding and visual identity design expert with high-level of typography knowledge.
- Experience with information architecture, UX and UI design for web and mobile app projects. Understanding of responsive web layout.
- Skilled in vector drawing for infographics, charts, icons and illustrations as well as creating storytelling concepts.
- Experience with print layout design, pre-press preparations and color correction.
- Software experience: Adobe CC (mainly Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign), Sketch App (or Adobe XD/Figma), MS Word/Powerpoint, Trello, Slack.
- Responsive web design coding skills in HTML5, CSS3, JS etc
- More in-depth experience with UX design, user testing, workshops etc
- Japanese language skills (but not a requirement to apply).
We are always happy to hear from talented freelance professionals based in Tokyo in fields such as:
- Graphic Design, Branding, Layout etc.
- UX/UI Design
- Web Development (responsive web design, WordPress)
- Copywriting (Japanese and English)
- Interpreting (Japanese <–> English)
- Translation (Japanese <–> English)
- Project Management (Japanese and English bilingual)
Please send us your details with web/PDF portfolio under this email address: email@example.com
(if you want to send a heavy PDF portfolio, please share a Dropbox/G-Drive link instead of an attachment)
(+ thanks for understanding that we can only get back to suitable applicants)
Sorry, we do not offer internship positions.