Design and web development of a new bilingual corporate website for Rapyuta Robotics, a leading Tokyo based robotics and automation company.
Rapyuta Robotics (ラピュタロボティクス) was founded in 2014 by two Indian entrepreneurs. In 2023 it has reached Japan’s top market share of 67.4% with their Pick Assist Autonomous Mobile Robot (PA-AMR). They further extended their robot line-up to an Autonmous Forklift (AFL) and a fully Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS) for entire warehouses.
Their success is also based on their innovative and advanced AI rapyuta.io cloud platform. Meanwhile Rapyuta Robotics has increased its head count to 170 members across 4 offices, two in Tokyo, one in India and one in the USA. Numerous top awards and government funding rounds cumulated in a USD 51 Million investment by Goldman Sachs in 2022. In 2023 Rapyuta Robotics won a GOOD DESIGN award for their PA-AMR robot.
Rapyuta Robotics approached Bento Graphics as Tokyo based graphic design, web design and development studio.
Their main goal was to elevate the design and user experience of their bilingual English-Japanese language corporate websites. But specifically they wanted to transition from a restrictive template website to a flexible UI design framework of modules and sections. Something which would allow them to create blog posts and marketing landing pages in a fraction of the time.
To this end we designed a clean modular block framework of functional website sections. These can be swiftly picked, arranged and published as new pages.
The clean interface design emphasizes simplicity, crisp typography and intuitive navigation. We were also responsible for research and selection of a new brand font for their web presence. It has since been incorporated in their corporate brand guidelines.
Another challenge was tackled by successfully migrating all of their existing blog posts and inserting new landing page contents.
- Planning, information architecture and wireframing.
- Design system and style guide incl. English and Japanese web typography rules.
- Design of a modular content block & section framework.
- UI/UX design and interaction mock-ups.
- Illustration exploration (unused)
- Oversight of web development and implementation.
- Migration of legacy blog posts and input of new contents.
- Quality assurance and cross browser and device testing.
- SEO and performance enhancements.
The end result of the project was a modern, intuitive, and user-friendly website that greatly improved the user experience for Rapyuta Robotics’ customers. The new website not only allows for quick and easy updates, but also saved the Rapyuta Robotics marketing team time and resources and ensured that the website remains up-to-date and relevant.
- English and Japanese language website versions
- Build on content block framework to add pages in minutes
- Introduction of robots line-up with features, benefits, timelines
- Custom design concepts for immersive product landing pages, often partially animated
- Blog section with various filter options.
- Case study section and custom template for case study content
- Integrated jobs listing via workable.com
- Hubspot integration
- Robotics Academy with video based learning content (subscriber locked)
We are further assisting Rapyuta Robotics with ongoing monthly website maintenance to build new features, renew landing pages, apply security patches or correct browser issues.
Website Style Guide & Modular UI/UX Design Block Framework
Web Design & Web Development
Homepage in English and Japanese
Product Page: PA-AMR R/XL (Pick Assistant Robot)
Product Page: AFL (Autonomous Forklift)
Product Page: ASRS
(Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems)
Blog Article Template
Bento Graphics has been an exceptional partner in our journey of website renewal. Their expertise extends beyond mere design; they offer comprehensive monthly support, which has been instrumental in the dynamic growth and evolution of our online presence. Their proficiency in creating an appealing visual system, coupled with their skills in content development and backend maintenance, has proven invaluable.
What sets Bento Graphics apart is their meticulous attention to detail. They have consistently met our needs, efficiently handling a variety of challenging requests.
Their problem-solving skills and willingness to go above and beyond have greatly contributed to enhancing the functionality and aesthetic appeal of our website.
Juho Viitasalo, Creative Director