Photography portfolio website for Tokyo based travel photographer Yoko Évé.
Initially an identity design concept was developed using pins as the main element, drawing from the nostalgic usage of pins to mark places on maps. Each continent received it`s own pin colour to mark projects by individual country. The linked pins icons can also be used to browse projects by country or load individual posts. A splatter textured background was added which remotely hints island shapes on a map or mud splatter from trekking off-road.
The site was developed as bilingual English/Japanese CMS website with fluid-responsive web layout. Further for the site coding a CSS post-processor (LESS CSS) was used to simplify and speed up development. Some of the benefits and other enhancements are listed below:
- Website layout adapts to most screen sizes of desktop PC, tablets and smartphones (incl. iPad/iPhone)
- Touch-screen friendly navigation on tablets/smartphones
- Photo galleries support swipe gestures on touch-screen devices
- HTML5 Audio player supports replay on smartphones/tablets
- A tabbed content navigation can be inserted as desired (example)